- You are not going to ever get sick. If you are not going to get cancer or have a heart attack, or any other debilitating illness… then you will not need healing. You will not have to hear a Doctor say they are not sure what is wrong or what they should do. Your family will not have to deal with your prolonged illness. You will not need anyone to help your family emotionally or in any other way.
- You can prevent natural disasters. Or at least keep them from impacting your life in any way. You will never lose a loved one to an earthquake or tornado. Your house will never be destroyed so you wonder where you can sleep that night. You will not need someone to provide clothes or food.
- You can keep your family protected from madmen and bad people. If you can be sure the movie theatre is secure, the school is completely protected, and the drunk drivers or pedophiles can never enter your neighborhood.
- You are not going to die. Or at least you are sure there is nothing after death. Nothing. So you do not fear death, or getting old. Life will never end or at least you will absolutely control the finish.
- You have no regrets or sorrow over anything you ever did. Or anything you failed to do. If you have been perfect, then whatever happens after death should be no problem.
Of course, this describes none of us. Not one. It does not describe you. It sure does not describe me. I have found out I cannot control anything. I am a long way from perfect. And I believe I am going to die.