- What is the money used for?
- Do I have to give?
- Why don't you just put more ads on your pages and emails?
- Is my donation tax deductible?
- Do I have to use a credit card?
- I live outside the US... how can I donate?
- How do I make changes to my donation information?
- What happens if not enough people give?
- Where can I find out more about Heartlight?
1. What is the money used for? Donations enable us to pay our for a few part time staff (we have no full time employees), purchase needed software and equipment, pay for bandwidth and web services, and pursue other projects like outreach to Russian and Dutch speakers (to go with our English, Spanish, Portuguese, & German resources), improving and maintaining our current site, and much more.
2. Do I have to give? This is a completely voluntary donation. If you choose not to donate, you'll still be able to access the site as before. But we hope that you'll recognize the thousands of hours of effort we've put into Heartlight, and you'll agree that it's a site worth supporting.
3. Why don't you just put more ads on your pages and emails? We try to hold our ads to a minimum and make sure they complimentary to our site. In addition, we want ads to provide resources to our readers consistent to our mission. If you find ads that you believe are objectionable, please let us know where you found them.
4. Is my donation tax deductible? Since we are a registered non-profit corporation (in the USA and state of Texas), all donations are tax-deductible for those who qualify for charitabel deductions on their USA income tax return.
5. Do I have to use a credit card? No, we also accept checks made to Heartlight sent by mail to:
P.O. Box 7044
Abilene, TX 79608-7044
6. I live outside the US ... how can I donate? You can always donate by mail using a check, but using your credit card through Network for Good or PayPal ensures that your donation is received with the smallest amount of charge for international money exchange — please click the icons at the top right of the screen for secure donations to both Network for Good and PayPal.
7. How do I make changes to my donation information? Send an email to donation support if you have problems, and we'll help you through the process. For those who donate by check, just let us know what changes need to be made. However, we do not collect or storer any secure credit card information. This will all be handled by Network for Good or PayPal for your security — they are experts in this area and this for your safety. You will be able to securely manage your online donations with these services.
8. What happens if not enough people give? Heartlight exists because of your donations. Simply put, if there is not enough support, we will be unable to continue to provide these services and resources to the world. We do trust that God will provide - we've seen Him do just that many, many times with our ministry.
9. Where can I find out more about Heartlight? We've got a lot more information about Heartlight and our contributors here.