/_.jpg" width=120 height=90 alt="" border=0 align=left hspace=5>
by David Smith
Todays devotional is designed especially with the recently and not so recently married in mind. On Valentine's Day, may you be a blessing to your mate. And may the blessing continue the other 364 days of the year!
Dear Tech Support:
Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a slowdown in the performance of the flower and jewelry applications that had operated flawlessly under the Boyfriend 5.0 system.
In addition, Husband 1.0 un-installed many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.9, but installed undesirable programs such as NFL 7.4, NBA 3.2 and NHL 4.1.
Conversation 8.0 also no longer runs and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. Ive tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail. What can I do?
First, keep in mind that Boyfriend 5.0 was an entertainment package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system. Try to enter the command C:/I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME and install Tears 6.2. Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications: Guilt 3.3 and Flowers 7.5.
But remember, overuse can cause Husband 1.0 to default to such background applications as Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0, or Beer 3.2 or Wine 6.1. Please remember that Beer 3.2 and Wine 6.1 are very bad programs in that, among other things, they will create SnoringLoudly.WAV files.
Under no circumstances should you install Mother-In-Law 1.0 or reinstall another Boyfriend program. These are not supported applications and will crash Husband 1.0. It could also potentially cause Husband 1.0 to default to the program: Girlfriend 9.2, which runs in the background and has been known to introduce potentially serious viruses into the Operating System.
In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have a limited memory and cant learn new applications quickly. You might consider running additional software to enhance his system performance. I personally recommend Hot Food 3.0 combined with such applications as that old stand-by Im sure youve used in the past ...Lingerie 6.9 (which is consistently credited with improved system performance).
The previous piece may make you smile. And part of the smile is surely because you realize it echoes at least seven pieces of solid advice consistent with Scripture.
Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have a limited memory and cant learn new applications quickly.|
- Keep the spark of romance in your marriage:
- How delightful is your love, my sister, my bride! How much more pleasing is your love than wine, and the fragrance of your perfume than any spice! (Song of Solomon 4:10 NIV)
- Drinking has ruined many a marriage and many a life:
- Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? Those who linger over wine, ...Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly! ...In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper. (Proverbs 23:29-32 NIV)
- Dont install Mother-in-Law (or Father-in-Law) 1.0:
- For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24 NIV)
- Complaining typically renders unsatisfactory results; avoid it:
- Do everything without complaining or arguing. (Philippians 2:14 NIV)
- Never re-install another Boyfriend program or Girlfriend 9.2:
- Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. (Hebrews 13:4 NIV)
- Dont neglect physically celebrating your love:
- The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wifes body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husbands body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. (1 Corinthians 7:3-5 NIV)
- Consider marriage a gift from God. Celebrate the Giver of this gift and honor him with the way you care for the gift:
- Eat, O friends, and drink; drink your fill, O lovers.
Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. (Song of Songs 5:1 & 8:7 NIV)
Comments, questions & requests to be added to the e-mailing list for the Online Devotional may be sent to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Author: David Smith
Publication Date: February 14, 2002
Many more articles
like this are in the
_.html" onmouseover="window.status='View a simpler page format that works well with printers.'; return true" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true" title="Printer-friendly Version">Print this Article
_.html" target="note" onmouseover="window.status='Send this article to a friend.'; return true" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true" onclick="OpenNoteWindow('');" title="Send this article to a friend.">Send it to a Friend